We have teamed up with the Roads and Maritime Services to help deliver 8 x 1.5-hour Safe Biking, Skateboarding, and Scooter riding workshops in the Northern Rivers areas.
Program date, times and locations:
1. Byron Bay, (Suffolk park Skatepark), 4:00 pm until 5:30 pm, 6th of May, 2019.
2. Cabbage Tree (Ballina Skatepark), 4:00 pm until 5:30 pm, 7th of May, 2019.
3. Yamba, (Yamba Skatepark), 4:00 pm until 5:30 pm, 8th of May, 2019.
4. Maclean, (Maclean Skatepark), 4:00 pm until 5:30 pm 9th of May, 2019.
5. Coffs Harbour, (Coffs harbour Skatepark), 4:00 pm until 5:30 pm 10th of May, 2019
6. Bowraville, (Bowraville Skatepark), 9:00 am until 11:00 am the 11th of May, 2019.
7. Port Macquarie,(Port Macquarie Netball courts), 3:00 pm until 5:00 pm 11th of May, 2019.
8. Forster/Tuncurry(Tuncurry Skatepark), 9:00 am until 11:00 am, 12th of May, 2019.
Activity run sheet:
- Road Safety Survey
- Yarning circle - personal stories/ some rules
- Skateboard - Road Rules Workshop
- Scooter - Road Rules Workshop
- Bike - Road Rules Workshop
- Road Safety survey
Each participant will receive a free indigenous print Helmet and water bottle on completion of the program.
Program terms and conditions:
For years 5 and over.
20 spots per 1.5 hour program.
Booking is essential.
Is there a minimum or maximum age requirement to enter the event?
Yes, the participant must be 5years and there's no maximum age.
Who is this program for?
Young people that identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander aged between 5 and 17 years.
What do I need to bring into the event?
We supply all necessary equipment for our events. Feel free to bring along your board or helmet so the coaches can do a quick safety check!
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
How about if it looks like rain?
Once booked, you will receive an event update a few days out from the event. Sorry, but we can't skate in the rain!