We're very psyched to have Nige be a part of the ARMtour this August. This is a program facilitated by The National Aboriginal Sporting Chance Academy, ARM stands for Athletes and Role Models.
ARMtour engages athletes and career role models to deliver sport and recreation activities that encourage educational engagement for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students living in remote Northern Territory communities.
Our role models work with schools and communities to:
- Provide inspiration, encouragement and support for students at school
- Enhance students self-esteem and self-confidence
- Assist students to develop life skills, in communication, leadership and goal-setting
- Encourage participation in sport and recreation activities for healthy and positive lifestyles
- Strengthen school and community partnerships
Check out the NASCA website for more details! http://www.nasca.org.au/index.php/what-we-do/armtour/